Kiboshed To Be Safe
After announcing an unprecedented comeback of theatre performances in the United Kingdom in the unprecedented COVID19 pandemic we’re living in, Live Nation UK announced Wednesday their “Live From The Drive-In” tour is cancelled, therefore cancelling “Six The Musical” drive-in outdoor performances too.
“Six The Musical” announced on June 30 that it would bring back theatre performances to the U.K. , but performing outdoors where people would see “Six” from their cars, since the West End has been shutdown from the beginning of the pandemic, but local coronavirus concerns and case surges made the drive-in tour moot.
Here’s the official statement from “Six The Musical”….
Live Nation Entertainment have this afternoon announced that their Live From The Drive-In concert series that was to feature ‘SIX’, will no longer proceed as planned.
“The latest developments regarding localised lockdowns mean it has become impossible for us to continue with the series with any confidence,“ they said in a statement.
‘SIX’ producers Kenny Wax, Wendy & Andy Barnes and George Stiles said: “This devastating news has come out of blue and hit us all for six. We are so sorry to disappoint the thousands of fans who have booked tickets and sold out many dates on the tour. It is also a sad day for our West End and UK Tour Queens who had already started rehearsals and our entire team of up to 60 people who were all working so hard to deliver a spectacular show.
“Despite the Government announcing Stage 3 of Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden’s road map permitting performances outdoors with an audience, the planned tour was due to visit 12 cities several of which have since been identified as emerging Covid infection hot spots.
“We know that ultimately there is nothing more important than the safety and wellbeing of our company and the Six Queendom. We look forward to better times.”
Full refunds will be automatically issued directly to all ticket holders within the next 7 days from your ticket provider.