New York’s Diana Mohyi Attorney at Law P.C.; ‘What is a Petition for Conciliation and How it Can Help Your Marriage?’

Daniel Quintanilla (top) & Pexels (bottom)

Love Dilemmas In The 5 Boroughs

By Diana Mohyi Attorney at Law P.C.

New York Family Courts are best known for being involved when there is some dispute to be resolved as to the children brought into the world through the relationship. New York Family Courts also offer services to help struggling marriages. The Family Court offers Conciliation Proceedings pursuant to NY CLS Family Ct Act § 921

To initiate the formal request a party must file a petition for Conciliation pursuant to NY CLS Family Ct Act § 921. It is possible that your spousal may respond by denying the request. The Court will not force the spouse to participate in Conciliation services so the Court would then deny the petition and dismiss the proceeding See, Matter of Fusco v. DeGelormo, 200 A.D.3d 780, 155 N.Y.S.3d 124, 2021 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 6877, 2021 NY Slip Op 06847, 2021 WL 5816509

If you are interested in filing a petition to take advantage of this little known service offered by the New York family Courts, contact Diana Mohyi Attorney at Law.

Daniel Quintanilla

Leave a Reply